I started the Healthy Mummy plans in mid-April last year so it’s nearly been 12 months and I have lost 36kgs and gone from a size 20-22 to a size 10-12 and that feels incredible!!!
I am still having 2 Healthy Mummy Smoothies a day and lately I have been having a lot of banana ones like chocolate banana smoothies with a tablespoon of cocoa powder or vanilla and cinnamon banana smoothies, another is the banana latte from the Guilt Free Baking Book.
I eat from the 28 Day Plan and now from the Comfort Plan OMG the Green Curry Chicken is DELICIOUS!!! My partner reckons it is better than the takeaway WINNING!!! Also it took nothing to prepare and make and we don’t like the baby corn so we changed it to extra green veggies and still yumm.
For exercise I try and do it twice a day with a rest on the weekends or sometimes I just go for a walk on the weekends. In the morning I do a toning workout either doing my own thing or using the Healthy Mummy exercise DVD. Otherwise if I’m really busy and I find it hard to fit in exercise I do incidental exercises like marching steps while walking around the house or squats while picking up the never ending toys or lunges while the jug boils.
I get asked a lot about motivation, there are lots of mornings I wake up with no sleep from being woken up a billion times throughout the night lol but I put on my workout clothes, put my ipod on and before I know it I have finished my workout and I feel so much more energised for the day. 15mins isn’t that much time and the more you do it the more you get used to doing it.
Tips for getting started
• Start off small pick out exercises you like such as crunches, squats, lunges, star jumps, push ups, whatever your desire and do 20 of each and slowly increase it or double the reps. The Healthy Mummy DVD has great 10-15min workouts and the 28 day diet and exercise plan also has great short workouts.
• Drink loads of water!!! I aim for 3 litres a day. Carrying around a water bottle or leaving a cup on the sink helps.
• Change small eating habits, cut out sugar where you can such as in your cuppa or in your cooking. There are many alternatives to sugar such as using honey or netiva.
• Change from full cream milk to skim milk.
• Change from white bread to brown bread or try and cut out bread altogether, I find eating bread now makes me feel blurgh but everyone is different.
• Use coconut oil when cooking or limit the use of how much oil you use or cut back on the butter.
• Make your portions smaller and fill up on more veggies. With spaghetti I have the sauce on top of veggies instead of using the pasta.
• Be more active, don’t sit down as much, park far away from the shops or try and walk if its close.
All these little changes has helped me come this far! I only have 7-8kgs to reach my ultimate goal.
Remember it’s ok to have bad days, its ok to eat (don’t starve yourself), talk positively and tell negative nancy in your head to shut up because YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Believe in yourself and keep going!!!
Tasheena Snow xx