We get it, adopting a healthy eating plan for weight loss can feel overwhelming and you’d be forgiven for thinking that you have to kiss goodbye all your favourite foods.
Let us tell you our secret on the healthy mummy plans – it’s not really as hard as you think. The thought that it’s going to be too hard, that you’ll have to starve yourself, that you won’t’ be able to eat yummy foods, that’s just you’re mind playing games with you. It doesn’t have to be that difficult.
Why? Because most mums don’t have to make sweeping changes to their diet, just small tweaks can make a HUGE difference.
We give you 10 painless little fixes to help you achieve your health and weight loss goals.
10 Painless Tips to Help you Lose Weight
- Bye bye to your fizzy drinks, and yes the diet kind too. Gah you say, that’s not so painless. Let us tell you why, artificial sweeteners actually stimulate your appetite causing you to overeat, and worse, eat the wrong kinds of foods. If you like to know more about how artificial sweeteners effect your health and weight loss, click here.
- Count to 100 because these days most junk food you’ll be like to crave come in convenient 100 calorie size servings. If you are going to indulge, do it on the mini size pack, just enough to satisfy your cravings for sugar or salt.
- Brushing or rinsing your teeth right after you have a meal or snack will help to quell your urge to keep eating because it sends a signal to your body that your done eating. Try it.
- Switch to salsa on use it on baked veggies, chicken, fish, anything really. It can make a bland serving of steamed veges all that more appealing. Your weight will thank you for the calorie savings.
- Eat at home rather than eating out. Research has shown that successful and lasting weight loss is achieved by people who eat out, on average, less than two and half meals per week.
- Shop around, quite literally. You’ll find that the middle aisles of your supermarket tend to be packed with all the foods you’ll want to be avoiding as part of your weight loss program – don’t even bother to go down the drink or chippy aisles at my supermarket. That way the junk never makes it to your pantry.
- Eat. I know as a busy mum this can be easier said than done but if that tummy of yours is full and satisfied you’ll be less inclined to pick on the wrong foods and sabotage all your good efforts. This is especially true if you have a time in your day when you know things are likely to get chaotic and you cave in and eat the nearest comfort food. Make sure your tummy is full of your favourite healthy snack to get you through to your meal time.
- 80/20 rule – eat healthy food 80% of the time and you allow yourself planned treats so you don’t feel like you are missing out altogether – I mean seriously, who could cut out all treats all the time, it would just be too hard.
- Make the switch from white variety pasta, rice and bread to the wholegrain varieties – this change alone could the most beneficial thing you do to assist your weight loss plans.
- Stock up on frozen seafood. If you love seafood make sure you buy frozen fish and seafood when it is on special because you can use them in stir fries, rice dishes, salads, soups and pasta dishes.
Special Offer & 10% Discount
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout