Meatless Mondays are becoming a popular event for many families to increase their vegetable intake.
This vegetarian taco meal is a great recipe to add to your healthy eating plan or weight loss diet. You could also add in minced beef if you like.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 8 taco shells
- Oil spray
- 8 tbs of Mozzarella/Tasty Cheese
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 can of kidney beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- Butter lettuce chopped
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- ½ red onion
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1 lemon squeezed for juice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a pan, spray some oil, heat it up and cook the garlic and brown onion until soft. Add in the kidney beans and corn and cook until hot.
- While they are cooking, place the tacos into a 180 degree preheated oven.
- In a separate bowl, chop up the coriander, cherry tomatoes, red onion, chilli (optional) and the juice of one lemon, set aside as salsa.
- Once the tacos are ready, spoon in the bean and corn mixture, salsa, butter lettuce and cheese
310 calories per serve