A perfect addition to your healthy eating plan or of course a healthy entertaining plan. Or of course to a lunchbox for work or school.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls are a hit with all and the combinations are endless.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 16 rolls
- Rice paper x 16 sheets
- 2 parcels of rice noodles
- 1 chicken breast
- 8 tbs of crushed roasted peanuts
- 16 mint leaves
- 16 tsp of oyster sauce
- 8 lettuce leaves chopped up
- 2 carrots julienne cut
- 1 Lebanese cucumber julienne
- Poach the chicken breast in water and then cut into thin strips
- Cook the rice noodles as per packet instructions and rinse thoroughly in cold water to avoid overcooking
- Chop up all the vegetables and prepare sauces
- In a flat baking dish, add some warm water and place your first rice paper circle in the water to become flexible. Leave it in the water for around 10 seconds (much longer it becomes quite difficult to roll).
- Place the rice paper on a slippery board. Add your oyster sauce, mint leaf,chicken, peanuts, carrots, cucumber, rice noodles and lettuce on top of each other right at one edge. Roll the paper over the contents, then flip in both sides around the contents and then continue to roll the roll up. Set aside and repeat.
415 calories per serve
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more delicious recipes!
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.