The Virgin Cider Healthy Mummy smoothie has been sent in by Kristy Crawford as part of our smoothie of the week competition. Kristy says “this is a great Spring and Summer smoothie which has been great for boosting milk supply”!
Virgin Cider Smoothie
- 2 x tbs strawberry Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix
- 2 x tbs rolled oats
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- Juice of 1 lime
- 5 x ice cubes
- 250ml milk or milk substitute. I use oat milk as oats have milk supply boosting properties.
Blend for 1-2 mins and enjoy!
We love to share as many gorgeous pictures and smoothie recipes as possible to inspire others to try new healthy mummy smoothie recipes.
Why have a smoothie for breakfast?
Our research shows that over 50% of mums skip breakfast due to being too tired to make it or not having enough time to make it.
Needless to say this reeks havoc with the metabolism, health and weight loss of mums all over the country and if mums found just 2 minutes to make a smoothie for breakfast they would feel healthier, have more energy and find weight loss a lot easier!
And why are our smoothies so different? Our healthy mummy smoothies are very different to any other traditional ‘shake’ and you can read all about why they are different here.
Weekly Smoothie competition
And to celebrate our amazing smoothies and the tens of thousands of mums who use them every day (and who have lost over 500,000kg on our plans – you can see lots of results here), we are running a competition for someone to win a $100 Coles/Myer gift voucher each week.
How to enter to win $100 voucher
1) Make a Healthy Mummy Smoothie recipe – can be your own or one on our website/in our books
2) Take a picture of it with the Healthy Mummy Smoothie tub next to it
3) Make the picture look as nice as you can. For example – try a couple of different camera angles or different light settings or use some great props. Make it look as good as possible and make sure the smoothie tub is on the photo too
4) When you think you have the best looking picture possible send your photo with the smoothie recipe to [email protected] with the subject line SMOOTHIE OF THE WEEK
Each week our team will post up as many entries as possible (keep your eyes open for your photo!) and we will announce a winner from one of the published photos each week
ENTER YOUR SMOOTHIE PICTURE TODAY!!