After giving birth to her 4th son, Samara was re-admitted to hospital with high blood pressure. She says “I was the biggest I had ever been and didn’t like how tight my clothes were feeling”. It was at that point Samara knew it was time to make a BIG change.
Today, Healthy Mummy and 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Member Samara is living proof of her favourite quote “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you”.
More determined than ever, she shares her journey to better health below.
Samara is 36 years old, lives in Melbourne and has 4 boys aged 8, 6, 4 and 1.
She has lost 10kgs* since joining The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge in September 2017 and is now training for the 10k Marathon in Melbourne!
Reason for joining the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“After I had my 4th son I was re-admitted to hospital with high blood pressure and I was the biggest I had ever been. I didn’t like how I was feeling and how my clothes were so tight on me I was too scared my jeans would split if I bent over.
At first, my focus was on losing weight and improving my health. But since learning so much about myself and what my family and I need and want, it’s become more about lifestyle.
I am here to create the best version of myself, to educate myself so I can educate my children. To break the cycle of bad habits.
If I lose weight in this process that’s a bonus.”
What is your goal?
“My ultimate goal is to reach 70kgs*. I’ve lost 10kgs* so far and am pretty proud of that. I have a new exercise goal and I have started training to run 10k at the Melbourne Marathon on 14th October this year.”
Favourite recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan.
With so many delicious recipes to choose from, it’s hard to pick a favourite. But two of her family’s favourite recipes are:
3 tips you would give mums on getting started?
- Set yourself 1 new small achievable goal each week. Start with water, food and exercise will follow.
- If you are new to exercise, start with walking around the block once.
- Join your local Healthy Mummy consultant group for extra support in the private groups.
3 tips on how to keep going when you feel like giving up?
- Recognise those self-doubt feelings and deal with them right away.
- If you had a bad meal, make the next one a healthy option.
- Go for a walk. You won’t feel like doing it, but once it’s done you’ll be glad you did. There is nothing like those feel-good endorphins.
- Bonus one… Never give up. This is not a race and you are learning something new. When you are learning something new you cannot always get it right the first time. So keep on trying and trying again. The more you practice a healthy lifestyle, the better you get at it.
“If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you”.
The Healthy Mummy team would like to congratulate Samara on challenging herself and transforming her body and life. We are looking forward to cheering her along, every step of the way. And we wish her luck in her upcoming marathon. Go Samara!!!
Are you interested in joining Samara and millions of other mums who are improving their health and losing weight every day?
Join The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
You can also read more weight loss journeys from real-life mum’s.