IKEA is recalling the children’s bib MATVRÅ, Blue/Red 2-pack, due to choking hazard concerns.
IKEA issue recall for popular children’s bib
IKEA has issued the recall after receiving reports that the press stud on the bib may come off and pose a choking hazard.
In a statement, IKEA said they take product safety very seriously.
“All our products are tested and comply with applicable standards and legislation. In spite of this, we have received reports that the press stud on the MATVRÅ bibs can come off and thus presents a choking hazard.
“IKEA urges all customers to return the product to IKEA for a full refund or a similar product. A proof of purchase (receipt) is not required.”
IKEA confirmed ONLY the blue and red bibs have been recalled after a customer asked if it included bibs “with the fruit pattern”.
Defect: IKEA has received reports that the button on the MATVRÅ bib can come off.
Hazard: Risk of choking.
What to do: IKEA urges all customers to return the product to IKEA for a full refund or a similar product. Proof of purchase (receipt) is not required.
Join our community and chat with other mums just like you
Have you connected with us on our social media platforms with 2 million mums?
When women support each other incredible things happen. With 2 million like-minded mums who can offer daily support to the Healthy Mummy members our social footprint is LARGE!