These savoury muffins are ideal as a healthy pregnancy snack or even for breakfast. Following a healthy pregnancy eating plan is easy when you have some planned recipes made in advance so you can make healthy pregnancy snack choices. Recipe thanks to Nikki Boswell, Nutritionist.
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup of water
- 1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ a zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese
- ¼ cup of sundried tomatoes, plus 2 tablespoons of oil from the jar (or other olive oil)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of grated tasty cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease holes of a muffin tray.
- Place cottage cheese, eggs, tomatoes, oil and water in a food processor on high until well combined. Add spinach, zucchini and basil and mix together. In a separate large bowl, place flour and cheese. Fold mixture from the food processor through flour and cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin tray holes and bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cooking time will depend on the size of the muffin tray.
- Perfect for lunch boxes, breakfast and freezer friendly.
- Makes approximately 12 large muffins, 125 calories per muffin.
Disclaimer: Always speak to your doctor before changing your diet,taking any supplements or undertaking any exercise program in pregnancy. The information on this site is for reference only and is not medical advice and should not be treated as such, and is not intended in any way as a substitute for professional medical advice..
Our plans promote a health weight gain in pregnancy to benefit the mother & baby and you can read more on this here
The owners of The Healthy Mummy do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied and shall have no liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained herein and nothing in this disclaimer will limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.