Lifestyle

Jamie Oliver Shares Pic Of Himself With His Son River – But Some Parents Are Concerned

Jamie Oliver has proved he’s the king of multi-tasking after sharing a black-and-white snap of himself in the kitchen with his son River – but the pic has caused some parents to voice their concerns.

Like Father, Like Son

In the snap, the British chef can be seen balancing his son on his hip while holding a frying pan.

Gotta start them young!….. bless baby River he’s so fascinated by the cooking.

A post shared by Jamie Oliver (@jamieoliver) on

“Gotta start them young! Bless baby River, he’s so fascinated by the cooking,” Jamie, 41, captioned the pic.

Concerned Parents

However, many parents have since expressed their concerns over Jamie having his little one so close to a hot stove.

“Even though you are more than an experienced chef Jamie, be careful. Cooking with a baby is one of the most dangerous things to do,” one wrote.

Another posted: “Also this is dangerous if that spits at the kid. He will get burned. Never ever take children that near a cooker.”

“I love that even celebrity chefs have to balance their babies on their hips to simply get a meal on the table #keepingitreal,” wrote a fan.

Someone’s happy !!? have a great weekend folks big love jamie o xxx

A post shared by Jamie Oliver (@jamieoliver) on

But other parents jumped to Jamie’s defence, with one writing: “How many times have mothers had to do cooking when they are holding their child?”

“I had a crying baby 24/7 and I couldn’t do anything. Yeah a hot pan is dangerous but then things can happen in a split second whether you are there or not,” another said.

Stove Danger

In December, a Wisconsin-based mum mum took to Facebook to share a story about how her stove burner exploded and caused a fire ball to burn her face, neck and chest.

“As a new mom I often wear my sweet 4 week old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands free especially with a needy babe),” Molly Landis wrote.

“On this particular night a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby bc for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn’t wearing her while I was in the kitchen.”

But we have no doubt that Jamie, of all people, is well aware of the safety concerning children in the kitchen. After all, he is a professional!

Have you taken a Kids First Aid Course? Here’s why you should get on to it today!

jennifer
written by:

Jennifer Hartnett

Jennifer is our Senior News Producer with a passion for trending news and lifestyle stories. Jennifer spends the rest of her time running around after her son Kian.