Healthy Mummy, Nat, has lost 32kgs after joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge on New Year’s Eve 2018.
This Mum made the decision on NYE 2018 to join Healthy Mummy, a year later she has lost 32 kg
Nat, 34, is mum to a 5-year-old daughter and lives in Mackay, Queensland.
Nat shares, “I signed up to The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge on New Year’s Eve 2018 and have been following Healthy Mummy since Feb 2019 – after I had my Gallbladder removed.
“I have lost 32kgs (140kgs to 108kgs.) I want to lose 21 more kgs in 2020.
“I have so much more energy to do activities with my family, and I used to experience very sore knees and ankles each night from all the extra weight I was carrying around.
“I now enjoy playing softball, losing the weight has seen me improve my game as well! I have a better relationship with my partner now and am just a happier person in general!
“I use the 28 Day Challenge Weight Loss Challenge App every day! I love the ease of planning my week for food, and how easy it is to follow a recipe on the app in the kitchen each weekend.”
Nat’s favourite Healthy Mummy Smoothie and recipes:
Nat shares, “I have a Healthy Mummy Smoothie each morning for breakfast – I used to just buy a Bacon and Egg Roll on the way to work each morning, now I can get my Smoothie ready the night before if I have to and I am ready to rock!
“My favourite Smoothie powders are Sneakylicious, Caramel and Choc Fudge. I love the Sneaky Snickers Smoothie, Holiday Smoothie, Fibre Full Smoothie, and Coco Banana Bliss Smoothie – I have tried a lot of different ones and enjoy them all!
“My favourite Healthy Mummy recipes include, Lasagne Soup, Hoisin Pork Noodle Bowl, Snickers Mousse, Red Lentil Dahl, Cookie Dough Bars, Kentucky Baked Chicken to name a few! I have a favourites list a mile long!
Nat’s favourite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge exercise:
“I really enjoy the yoga and dance strong workouts on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app, and am just starting the mindfulness tasks each day. I also go to Zumba, and RnB Dance Fitness Class and to the gym each week completing cardio and strength training. I have fallen in love with strength training and want to build up some awesome muscles!”
Nat’s tips for success
- Each meal is a new start, don’t beat yourself up if you have a ‘bad’ meal for lunch, start fresh at dinner, don’t wait until the next Monday rolls around.
- Plan your week and your grocery list well in advance – and take some time to do some prepping for the week. I like to do this on a Sunday and sometimes I can spend 3 hours in the kitchen, sometimes 30 minutes. Every bit of prepping counts!
- Try and get active every day. Move your body and those happy endorphins will flow through you, putting you in a great mood ready for whatever the day throws you!
Nat’s motivation tips:
- Don’t give up! Start afresh, but never give up, you are worth more to yourself and your family.
- Don’t feel selfish for going for a walk, or hopping on the treadmill, or taking the kids to the gym with you (they won’t remember the creche when they grow up, they will remember what a healthy life you led by going to the gym).
- Find support in those around you – people with the same goals and motivations. Healthy Mummy is great for this as there are local and nationwide groups on Facebook to inspire and motivate, with mums in them just like me that have had success with this program. (join here)
- Make small changes in your life that will lead to a bigger change – start small by upping your water intake, or making sure you go for a walk, or not eat that chocolate bar after everyone is in bed.
- My last tip is that it is great to have goals to work towards, but you also need that motivation behind these goals. Why are you wanting to lose weight?
“My biggest motivator is my 10 year wedding anniversary holiday in October, I realised that I wanted to be able to enjoy activities and the holiday feeling confident in myself and not have to ask for the seat belt extender on the plane. Find something that motivates YOU – maybe that’s your child’s school graduation and you want to look good in the photos, or you really want to look good in those old jeans you used to wear. Find something that motivates you each day to reach those goals – I have a motivation board that I update every couple of months, with pictures and quotes to keep me working towards my goals.”
Healthy Mummy community
“I am an active member of my local Healthy Mummy group and have met some ladies in this group that inspire me each day as well – and I have made friends that I never would have without the Healthy Mummy. I even go to an RnB Dance Fitness Class with a fellow Healthy Mummy member each week and we LOVE it! Plus it gets us out of the house and active together! I love being a part of these groups and when someone says that I have inspired them – it means the world to me and keeps me pushing harder towards my end goal weight. I could say so much more about Healthy Mummy I just think the program and products are amazing.”